Wednesday 18 May 2011

I emailed Leonardo Bonnani, one of the main designers in the MIT Counter Intelligence project which I mentioned below.
His Website had a lot of information about the dishmaker and I found that he had already begun research into my latest focus of forming plates at home, sans machinery.
He created a material called flexfix which has all the properties I envisaged.
My email is below. I may have written it badly because he hasn't replied yet.

I aim to photograph the process of making a plate at home in 2040. I feel that this is important to Wellington as it has established itself as the 'capital of cool' in 2011 and as we see it as the 'sensory capital of the world' in 2040, being able to fully customise the physical properties of everything in the home in 2040 will help Wellington retain its down-to-earth sense of freedom.






Hello Mr Bonanni,

My name is Eleanor Beeden and I am an Digital Media Design Honours student at Victoria University of Wellington, in New Zealand.
The Wellington City Council is sponsoring my class in a Design Led Futures paper, focusing on what Wellington would be like in 2040.
My individual project looks at people's lifestyles, especially their daily life and interaction in the kitchen.
I found your work on the Counter-Intelligence Dishmaker extremely interesting, and thought the concept behind it was something I could build on.
I am looking into this idea of home-creation and have, like you, begun to research materials that could enable the formation of dishes without machinery.
Your Flexfix project is exactly the starting point that I was looking for.
As our project is set 30 years from now the technology will of course be much more advanced than it is today, and I was wondering whether you could offer me any information or thoughts that you have on the future of home-creation within the kitchen.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.
Eleanor Beeden

No comments:

Post a Comment